All About Me

All About Me                                                                                                                                 12/9/18

My name is Abigail Jane Cooper-Beirne, and I was born on the 14th of November in the year 2001. I would say that I'm a rather creative person above all else; I enjoy music and writing, as well as the occasional poorly-drawn sketch here and there. I have attempted to write several novels, though I have never managed to make it to the end of them as I tend to find myself either losing confidence in the plot or becoming distracted by other projects. I do, however, write poetry and self-publish them of the story-sharing platform Wattpad. A few years ago I entered a local competition through my school which resulted in one of my short stories being published in an anthology, which to this day I consider to be one of my proudest achievements. Technically speaking, I can call myself an author. I have also taught myself how to play the ukulele. I've always wanted to learn how to play an instrument, and so I decided to take initiative and teach myself. My first ukulele arrived on the 19th of April this year, and in my first week of playing it I managed to learn a total on nine songs. Since April I have most certainly improved, and have recently composed my own little melody on the instrument. As well as my creative hobbies, I am fond of watching television shows with dystopian themes and lots of character development. I have been watching a Brazilian Netflix Original called 3% and it's really interesting. It features a corrupt system that selects only the most able candidates to move away from a country of poverty and onto a utopian island. There are rebellions, betrayals and lots of interesting twists and turns throughout, and so I highly recommend it. As well as this, I like programmes such as The Rain, Between and Scorpion - to name a few examples. I'm also fond of comedy, though it depends on how the humour is delivered. For example: Brooklyn Nine-Nine is one of my favourite television shows, and while it is an entertaining watch it covers lots of serious topics in a mature manner. I tend to listen to a lot of music as well. In fact, it's impossible to say what my favourite genre is as I listen to a variety of different songs written by a variety of different people. However, if I had to decide of which band is my favourite then I would have to name Imagine Dragons.

While I was in secondary school, I was part of the athletics team, as well as participating in football and hockey matches against different schools in Surrey. I was a track athlete, and would compete in the 800m and the 1500m races, as well as the occasional relay when we had team illnesses or shortages. However, I have given up on running now as I managed to injure my knee and had to go through physiotherapy. During my time running, I organise and hosted my own solo 5k event for charity and managed to raise over £200. The experience of doing that was incredibly rewarding as I knew that with each footfall I was helping to improve somebody else's life. Overall, I would have to say that my favourite sport is swimming. I'm a rather strong swimmer, and I enjoy being in the water. I used to spend hours after school doing lengths once a week, though I had to stop in order to prioritise my GCSEs.

I have a younger sister called Charlotte, though she prefers to go by Lottie, and we're very close. She has just gone into year nine and is studying business, geography and computer science. She is very academically gifted and so I don't doubt that she will achieve the top-end grades in her GCSEs. While she isn't sure what she wants to do yet, she is a talented debater and is part of her school's team, and has shown an interest in computer science and politics. My sister and I are fond of taking our dog, Hector, for walks. He's a Shih-Tzu crossed with a Yorkshire Terrier, and I love him dearly.

At the moment I am unemployed, though I occasionally babysit and pet-sit to earn some money. I intend to look for a job once I have properly settled down in college so that I can start saving up for a home and a car. I would love to drive a red 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback 2+2, and as they're no longer being made they're even harder to get hold of, so it makes for a good motivator to work towards. I'm not sure what I want to do in the future, though I am really interested in meteorology, writing and advertisement. Because of this, I am studying A-level English and geography, as well as BTEC media.

I have always rather wanted to go on holiday to Italy and Amsterdam. In Italy I would love to tour Pompeii and Mount. Vesuvius because I find the topic of tectonic hazards incredibly interesting. My sister and I have decided that we want to go to Amsterdam together as it is where the film adaptation of one of our favourite books was filmed. As well as this, it's a beautiful part of the word and I would love to get the chance to visit it.

When I am learning, I find it easiest to retain information by writing it down, so I tend to take lots of notes when in class or studying. Depending on what it is I'm doing, I can learn by actively doing something as well, though for the most part I just like to write. While I love all of my subjects, I think that my favourite would have to be geography because I love how relevant to the everyday world it is. My favourite part of the subject is the physical side, but I love the whole course in general.

These are what I would consider to be the most interesting aspects of my life and interests, though naturally there are more elements that I haven't had time to write down. However, I may update this blog as and when I can in order to build an online sense of what I'm like as a person.


Comments

  1. Abigail, you are a very fluent writer and reading this made me want to re wright all my own work! You are a very talented writer and i really enjoy your enthusiasm in the way you write. keep up the good work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you are so interesting and fun to read about. Can I join you on this trip to Amsterdam ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you; only if you pay for your flight!!

      Delete
  3. What a boring life, you should probably do some stuff that actually makes your life seem interesting... and you don't even have any talents apart from being able to play the tangerine. But at least you have a good taste in music.

    Imagine Dragons till the end!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sod off Will lmfao, at least I don't seek an end to my boredom via trolling

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sample Article - The Hunger Games Franchise

The Appeal of Film Magazine Covers