Unit Report

Purpose -
My magazine, Spotlight, aims to feature only the highest quality content to keep my readers engaged by - and loyal to - my product. It's purpose is to provide entertainment to film fanatics while delivering informative content in order to maintain a balance. My magazine covers action films as, not only am I familiar with the genre, but according to both my questionnaire and further secondary research it's very popular.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          




Audience -
My target audience is the young adult demographic. According to research completed by Statista in the year 2014, the majority of people who visited UK cinemas were between the ages fifteen and twenty-four - everyone who answered my questionnaire fell into this age category - and the gender distribution was relatively equal. Because of this, I'm creating my product with this demographic in mind in order to make a successful magazine.

Costs, distribution and availability-
To distribute a magazine, it costs approximately £15,666.20, with the majority of profit coming from the sales themselves and advertisements. In order to get my magazine to as many different parts of the country as possible, it would be ideal to have my magazine's headquarters based on London. London is one of the world's most influential city as well as being a major global hub, and so while London's expensive location the benefits that it will bring outweigh that factor. It will be possible to make more sales, as well as being able to distribute my product with more ease due to the fantastic transport links that connect the capital to the rest of Britain. I would be able to sell my magazine in London's many train and underground stations as well as in the city's airports. I would also like to sell it in popular newsagents such as WHSmith. This way, more people with have easy access to the product, subsequently meaning that more sales will be made, meaning that I will be able to make a profit great enough to afford to keep running my business. It will cost the consumers £3.50, which is affordable while being enough to generate profit. This was the most popular price option according to my questionnaire too, and so to meet this means that people of my target market are more likely to be able to afford - and willingly purchase - my magazine. Spotlight will be available monthly because it would be difficult to find good, interesting content in a shorter time period. This is frequently enough to keep readers anticipating the next release too, and most well-known magazines are released monthly too so this isn't an uncommon time frame.

Conclusion -
Overall, I believe that my magazine idea is strong. I've listened to the feedback attained from my questionnaire as well as completing some additional research online to ensure that I will be able to create quality content that my readers will be able to enjoy and get behind in order to make this a successful business. I will be sure to include interviews as they were very popular according to my research, as well as reviews in order to allow my target demographic of young film fanatics to gain n insight into what films are being released soon, as well as whether or no they would be interested in watching them. The film magazine market is very niche and so in order to create a successful magazine a lot of hard work and targeted research will have to go into it in order to deliver the best product possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me

Sample Article - The Hunger Games Franchise

The Appeal of Film Magazine Covers