Magazine Proposal - Task 2

My film magazine will aim to cater for the interests of those who enjoy the action genre. It will deliver behind the scenes gossip from the sets of modern films, feature interviews from upcoming and current stars and include detailed reviews. Alongside this, my magazine will offer some 'throwback' content. It will look at films that were released a few years ago that were very popular - subsequently drawing in a new audience of readers. Once my magazine has been publishing for a few months or more, I will rely upon a loyal fanbase as oppose to those who are only buying my magazine as it features a film that they are particularly interested in. This means that the readers will be able to gain a knowledge on films that perhaps they haven't heard of before. Once a loyal audience has developed, people will be more inclined to frequently purchase my magazine, even if they have never heard of the featured content. My target audience is the young adult demographic; in particular those who enjoy action films as this is the genre that my magazine is focused on. While the cost of producing a magazine can vary, the average price can be between seven and fourteen British pounds. However, a lot of the profit will come from adverts, which means that magazines can be sold for just a few pounds. Affordability is crucial when it comes to producing successful magazines. There are few people that would be willing to pay more than four or five pounds for their monthly magazine, and so advertisements tend to be heavily featured so that producers can make enough money to make up for their cheaper selling prices. I would sell my magazine in popular shops such as WHSmith, as well as smaller newsagents so that it can be accessed by people up and down the country. I would also use supermarkets and train stations to sell my product as hundreds of people use them every day and so I am more likely to reach more potential customers. I believe that my magazine will be successful as I have chosen a strong demographic and will include quintessential action film magazine content to draw in readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me

Sample Article - The Hunger Games Franchise

The Appeal of Film Magazine Covers