Questionnaire Results Analysis

When I received the result back from my questionnaire, I discovered that it had been answered by more females than male, which makes me wonder whether women would be more inclined to purchase my finished product. There was a fifty-fifty split between the people who bought and didn't buy film magazines regularly, but I wasn't surprised by this as film magazines only typically appeal to film fanatics. While there are many people who enjoy watching them, not everyone is as interested in the details that go into making films, and so the market for these products is very specific and niche. Three quarters of the people who had filled out my questionnaire favoured the name "Spotlight" above the two other options. Because of this large response, I decided to use this name as it not only seems to be the most eye catching, but it generated a lot of appeal. Appeal is key as, if people aren't drawn to my magazine, they won't be willing to spend their money on it. I wasn't surprised by the fact that the majority of people would be willing to pay two pounds and fifty pence for a film magazine. Typically magazines are sold at three pounds and ninety nine pence, but I believe that affordability is crucial when it comes to magazines, and so selling them at a low price while still being able to make a profit - due to cheap manufacturing costs - is an effective way to draw in customers and make sales. Especially seeing as one hundred percent of people that answered my questionnaire said that the price of my magazine would influence their decision as to whether or not they would buy it. There was a very tight call when it came to what genres people would be most interested in seeing in my magazine, and while it wasn't the winner I chose to go with the runner-up action genre. This is because it is a genre that I not only like, but feel as though I could comfortably write about. In order to be successful, a magazine should be written about something that its creator is passionate about, or else it could feel weak and would be less likely to captivate the readers. Everyone that gave back a completed questionnaire fell within the sixteen to nineteen age category, meaning that I will market my product towards the young adult demographic. I feel as though a lot of young adults are film fans, partially due to popular streaming sites such as Netflix and Amazon Movies. Lastly, the majority of people said that they would want to see interviews in a film magazine, followed by reviews, then posters, with competitions bringing up the rear with one vote. I believe that part of what makes film magazines successful is their diverse content that caters for the needs and wants of everyone who purchases it. Due to this, I will be sure to include a wide range of content. I believe that, by having a questionnaire, I have gained a deeper insight into what makes a film magazine successful, and how to cater to the desires of my target audience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me

Sample Article - The Hunger Games Franchise

The Appeal of Film Magazine Covers