Film Production - Poster

Attached is my poster for my modern retelling of the classic romantic dance film Dirty Dancing. The inspiration for this poster came from original artwork by "Chungkong Art", an artist from the Netherlands. Inspired by his work, I chose to recolour his original art in varying hues of pink to really tie into the female target audience. Traditionally, pink is a colour associated with both femininity and love, and so by doing this I have also emphasised the film's genre. I like this particular art as it's minimalistic. This style is not only modern - thus becoming eye-catching to an audience of young adults - but it is concise. I have named my two leading actors just below the title of my film so that a bigger audience will be drawn in. Fans of Ballas and Irwin will be more inclined to see the film so as to watch them acting. I have chosen these actors as they have both been a part of the popular American dancing programme called Dancing With The Stars. Ballas is one of the show's professional dancers, and is also an actor. Irwin is best known because of her father, a popular Australian zookeeper and conservationist who died tragically at 44 years old after suffering a sting ray injury to the heart.

By using two celebrities with experience of both being on television and dancing, I am creating a more authentic experience for the viewer as there will be no need for any stunt/dancing doubles.

The tag line for this poster is the same as the one used for the original Dirty Dancing film poster. I wanted to keep some of the film's originality so as to draw in fans of the 1987 classic.

My film is classed as a 12 due to some scenes containing mild sexual actions, references to drug abuse and infrequent bad language.



                                        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me

Sample Article - The Hunger Games Franchise

The Appeal of Film Magazine Covers